IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING OUR ADVANCED MULTIFACETED SAFETY PROGRAM
We are happy to announce that we will be resuming practice starting on Monday, June 1st. Our community has been through a lot over these last few months, and all of us are looking forward to getting our lives back to normal. As we reopen, our goal is to create a safe and comfortable experience for every patient. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We have implemented an advanced multifaceted safety program.
Our safety program includes three main aspects:
- We will verbally pre-screen all patients during the appointment confirmation call. You will also be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office. If you are feeling ill on the day of your appointment, we ask that you reschedule to a later date.
- Please call us on your cell phone when you arrive in our parking lot for your appointment. We will let you know whether or not we are ready to seat you in the treatment room. This will eliminate waiting in our reception room.
- Please ask your friends and relatives to stay home or in the car rather than coming into the office with you for your appointment. The exception to this is when a parent needs to accompany a child, or a caregiver needs to escort an elderly or disabled patient.
- Your temperature will be taken by an administrative team member with a “no touch” thermometer. The same symptom screening and temperature check will be performed on each of our staff members every day as well.
- We also ask that you sanitize your hands when you enter the office.
- We are also requesting that each person wear a mask while in our office and to maintain social distancing. You will also notice that all of our staff members will be wearing masks as well.
- We would prefer to schedule appointments and accept payment for treatment by phone to allow for social distancing between patients and to reduce the number of patients in the reception room at a time.
- We will be utilizing separation barriers and we will also be directing all patients to use the public restrooms in the lobby of the building.
Environmental Precautions: Air filtration systems have been added to our reception room and clinical areas of the office. This will help clean the air of bacteria, viruses, and allergens.
Universal Precautions: Our office has always followed infection control protocols issued by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the published guidelines of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that may be issued. We use EPA registered hospital grade surface disinfectants that are certified effective against COVID-19 and other pathogens. We have also removed items such as magazines and refreshments to decrease the possibility of virus transmission. We will be disinfecting counter tops, doorknobs, and the reception area throughout the day. All surfaces in the clinical areas are disinfected between patients.
We are committed to delivering the highest quality of dental care for our patients in a comfortable and safe environment. The protection of our patients and staff is of the upmost importance to us. We value your trust and loyalty and we look forward to seeing you soon!
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office by phone or email, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
Dr. John E. Lofthus and Team